Your privacy and protection of your data is important to Maestro Quality Inc. (referred to as “we” or “us” or “our Company” in this policy). The purpose of this policy is to inform you about what personal information and data we collect about you, how we use it, what may be disclosed to others, how long we keep it, and how you can request access to your personal information or obtain more information about our anti-spam, privacy, and data protection policies.
Your Personal Information: Personal information means any information about you including your name, your company name and title, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, contracts, transactions, and communications.
Accountability: We protect all personal information in our control. Our Privacy and Data Protection Officer (PDPO) is accountable for compliance with this policy and the privacy legislation. You may contact our PDPO by one of the following methods:
Secured Phone: 416-804-4383
Mail: 7207 Joliette Crescent, Mississauga, ON L5N 1Z2, Attention: Patricia A. Muir, President, PDPO
What We Collect
We collect appropriate personal information whenever you engage in one or more of the following activities with Maestro Quality Inc.
- professional networking
- inquire about our services
- contract our consulting or coaching services
- register for an event (webinar, executive roundtable, retreat)
- participate in a survey, contest, or promotion
- contact any of our Company staff
Personal information may include one, some, or all of the following information about you and similar information about other members of your family as appropriate and when you provide permission:
- name, address, telephone number, and mobile phone number
- fax number and email address
- occupation, goals, objectives
- language preference
- date of birth
- relationship status
- health and insurance information only as appropriate and in relation to the THRIVE return-to-work program
- financial information (specific and only related to financial transactions)
- employment, profession, training and credentials
- information we receive from you on a volunteer basis when we conduct survey of your preferences, needs, interests, and other feedback
- your transactions and communications with our Company, our alliances or third party providers and referrals recommended, endorsed, or sponsored by our Company
We do not collect or share any sensitive information from/with our alliances, third parties, or referral partners such as specific purchases of goods or services, or information concerning your preferences, needs, or interests where a reasonable person would expect the subject matter to cause distress.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the purposes listed below. Access to your personal information is restricted to our personnel and service providers who need access to perform their work and provide a service to you.
Use of Personal Information: Your personal information may be used for one or more of the following reasons related to acting as a professional business:
- to understand your needs and to provide products and services to meet the needs of you and/or your company.
- provide information, updates, and reminders regarding products, services, promotions, and events recommended, endorsed, or sponsored by our Company
- follow-up to obtain your feedback on our level of service
- to meet legal, security, processing, and regulatory requirements including Canadian federal and provincial requirements and foreign requirements applicable to us
Disclosing or Sharing Personal Information: We do not sell your personal information to anyone. We do not participate in affiliate marketing. We may be required to share some or all of your personal information with alliances, referral partners, and third-party providers that we have vetted in your interest including the following:
- International Coach Federation (ICF) for accreditation purposes for our coaches
- providers whose products, services, promotions, and events are recommended, endorsed, or sponsored by our Company.
You may refuse or withdraw your consent for us to use, disclose, or share your personal information to allow our alliances, referral partners, and selected providers to promote their products, services, promotions, and events to you.
We comply with CASL, CAN-SPAM, and GDPR legislation for handling allegations of unsolicited commercial communications (SPAM).
We practise due diligence in selecting and vetting alliances, referral partners, and selected providers. We monitor their best practices, policies, and procedures to ensure quality and high standards and that
- you have the opportunity with ease to opt-out at any time by contacting the appropriate address, phone number, or email address
- they comply with CASL, CAN-SPAM, and GDPR legislation for handling allegations of unsolicited commercial communications (SPAM)
We may also disclose your personal information when we are required or permitted to do so
- by law or by order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental tribunal
- when necessary to establish or collect monies owing to our Company
- when our President and PDPO or our legal counsel believes, upon reasonable grounds, that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an identifiable person or group
- when necessary to permit our Company to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that our Company may sustain
When obliged or permitted to disclose information without consent, we will not disclose more information than is required.
How We Retain and Dispose of Personal Information: We retain your personal information for the time that we believe you are interested in our professional community. When there are legal requirements related to the retention period of personal information, we will comply with those requirements. Personal information will be safeguarded against unauthorized access to avoid misuse and fraudulent use.
We attempt to keep your personal information complete, up-to-date, and accurate. We provide the opportunity for you to conveniently and securely access your information and to notify us about errors that we will promptly correct.
Personal information will be disposed after the appropriate retention period using approved methods including electronic file deletion and paper shredding. We hire professional, secure, and accredited disposal services and will provide certificate of disposal upon your request.
Your Rights to Limit Use of Personal Information: The personal information that we collect is necessary to provide services to you and to build and maintain our relationship with you to serve you better. Personal information is also used to and to provide information, updates, and reminders regarding products, services, promotions, and events recommended, endorsed, or sponsored by our Company.
If you wish to limit collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please contact our President and PDPO to discuss how we may honour your request and still continue to provide acceptable level of service.
Practising Due Diligence to Verify Your Consent: Depending on the nature and sensitivity of your personal information, your consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of such information can be “express and positive” (oral, in writing, or electronic) or implied (such as by using our services or by not responding to our offer unsubscribe or to remove your personal information from our database) in which case we can safely verify that you consent.
Our pledge to you is to continuously assess our systems and our service providers to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected.